Comprehensive Safety Audit
iFluids Engineering can carry out a comprehensive safety audit for any major industry covering the following broad & detailed topics as below,
Safety Management System
- Occupational Health & Safety Policy
- Safety Organization
- Accident Reporting & Investigation
- Occupational Health Monitoring
- Statutory Compliance System
- Safety Manual
- Employee Safety Training
- Medical and first aid facilities available
- Safety Communication & Motivation
- New equipment review/inspection.
- Risk assessment including Hazard identification
- Management of Change
- HSE critical devices
- Health & Safety improvement plans/targets
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the plant and its adequacy
- Contractor Safety Systems and training
- Review of periodic medical examination for persons working in critical areas
Safety in Operations & Maintenance
- Sample review of existing operating procedures vis-à-vis standard operating procedures prescribed by the process supplier for safe operation of equipment, Machinery and plants
- Review of Maintenance & Inspection practices followed for Critical equipment’s, including NDT process review and condition monitoring
- Review of Safety Interlocks for operation and maintenance.
- Review of movements of vehicles inside the factory keeping in view road safety vis-à-vis plant safety.
- Sample review of system for periodic checking of safety valves, Hydrostatic Testing of pressure vessels, lifting tools & tackles, cranes and other provision
- /obligations covered under statutory regulations including maintenance of records.
- Work Permit System
- Work injury prevention – Manual & Mechanical Material Handling / Guarding, etc.
- Ventilation, illumination and noise
- Safety in Storage areas
- Verification of statutory compliance with respect to Indian Electricity rules 1956 & CEA regulations 2010.
- Identification of electrical hazards (shock, fire, overloading)
- Visual inspection of electrical substation, power distribution system, transformers, D.G set & Motor control center
- Adequacy of electrical control systems and its physical components.
- Review of protection devices / system of the electrical installation.(relay settings of breakers, main incomer electrical circuitries at DB level, ELCBs, Relays provided for DG and other electrical installations)
- Visual inspection of communication shafts, cable trays, cable layout and its status
- Review of Hazardous Area Classification on a sample basis
- Review of plant earthing system (installation and maintenance aspects) as per IS 3043
- Review of earthing and bonding practices; Static electricity
- Review of electrical maintenance systems and practices; LOTO
- Review of Lightning protection system
- Identification of Hazards in Battery and UPS installations
Fire Prevention & Protection
- Identification of fire hazards
- Review of fire prevention practices
- Review of Fire Protection system – Active & Passive Systems
- Adequacy of fire protection system – Design and Performance Review against Standards
Hazardous Materials / Chemicals
- Study of loading, unloading and handling operations of hazardous materials and chemicals in the plant, including storage and processing areas.
- Review of safety features
- Review of emergency management plan
- Effectiveness of existing infrastructure to handle emergencies
- Mock drills
- Mutual Aid